We appreciate your interest in volunteering for the Germantown School District. Our schools offer a variety of activities you may choose from when volunteering your time. Simply complete and submit a volunteer application and upon approval you will receive instructions on next steps.It is very important that the information you enter on the application matches your government issued identification card including your full legal name. It is important that you provide a valid email address so you can be notified as to the status of your application and for future communication. If you are unable to provide an email address, you may use the district’s email address, GSDVolunteer@gsdwi.org. All information collected on the application will remain confidential and not be shared outside the volunteer program. If you have any questions about the application, please request to speak with a volunteer representative. Thank you,
GSD Volunteer Coordinator
I understand and agree that my involvement as a volunteer with the Germantown School District is performed with and under the following provisions:
1. My services as a volunteer are at the request, knowledge and control of Germantown School District through its administrators or teaching staff.
2. I will not be paid any salary or stipend for my services.
3. I will not be eligible for or request any benefits for my services (examples include but not limited to: workers' compensation, health, dental).
4. I will be covered by Germantown School District liability insurance.
5. If any part of my volunteer activities involve my transporting students by car, I must receive written authorization from an administrator or school district employee prior to providing such a service and must complete the appropriate school district form relating to use of a car, its condition and minimum required insurance coverage.
6. I will familiarize myself with and adhere to all policies and procedures established by the Germantown Board of Education and administrative staff.
7. I give the Germantown School District permission to do both a criminal and/or noncriminal background check and I will provide my United States social security number. (Your social security number will only be used for this purpose and we do not retain this information.)
8. Information that I may learn about other children or their families in my role as a volunteer must be kept confidential. If I have concerns about anything that occurs during the time I am serving as a volunteer, I will bring them to the attention of the classroom teacher or the person supervising the activity.
I understand any false statements or misrepresentation of facts are grounds for dismissal. I hereby certify that the personal information I am providing is true and correct to the best of my knowledge and belief.
Your volunteer application has been successfully submitted and will be reviewed per the district’s volunteer policy. In the near future, you will be notified as to your volunteer status. If you have any questions, please request to speak with a volunteer representative.