Thank you for your interest in becoming a volunteer in the Redlands Unified School District. With the passing of AB346 into law in July 2010, we are required to obtain specific documentation from each volunteer. In ALL volunteer situations, you must be 18 years of age or older and required to complete items 1-4:
1) Provide a negative TB skin test and if you are new to volunteering to this district, this test must reflect a date that falls within 60 days of the submitted date to the district. Once you have completed your TB skin test, it will be valid with the school district for four years.
a) You can go to your own doctor to have the test OR
b) Obtain a “Health Services Voucher” from RUSD Human Resources Department, 20 W. Lugonia Avenue, Redlands, CA 92373.
THIS VOUCHER IS ONLY VALID AT the facility listed below
You will be charged $20.00 if the test is done at the facility WITH NO VOUCHER
Redlands Community Hospital Family Clinic
802 W. Colton Ave., #E, Redlands, CA 92374
TB Skin Tests are given Tuesday and Wednesday from 8:00 AM -11:00 AM and 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM. Fridays from 8:00 AM – 11:00 AM
Chest X-rays - If you require a chest x-ray, to rule out Tuberculosis, please contact the Human Resources Department for possible options.
2) Once the school office is in receipt of all required documents, they will process your application for Board approval. Volunteers may commence service prior to Board approval if the necessary documentation has been completed and varied by school site administration and/or the Human Resources designee. Application and Board approval MUST be renewed each academic school year.
3) If you will be chaperoning a day field trip or overnight field trip, you will be required to have a DOJ Fingerprint completed. In most cases, this fingerprint approval will be valid for the remainder of your student's attendance in RUSD. The fingerprint form can be downloaded from our RUSD website.
I understand that by signing below that I am in receipt of the following information.
• I have read and reviewed the District Expectations of Appropriate Professional Conduct, https://www.redlandsusd.net/Page/13411 and understand the District may terminate my services if these rules are violated.
• I have read and reviewed the New Employee Information packet including Board Policy 4019.1 – Professional Adult/Student Boundaries, https://www.redlandsusd.net/Page/13411
To provide a safe and protective environment for students, the Redlands Unified School District is performing Megan's Law database checks thru Raptor for school volunteers. This database identifies adult who are registered sex offenders.
Because you are interested in volunteering at a school site, want to participate in a school sponsored field trip and/or overnight excursion, you are subject to a background check utilizing the Megan's Law Database.
Thank you for your cooperation in increasing the district's ability to protect our students' well-being.
I acknowledge that I am not a registered sex offender and the Redlands Unified School District will check the Megan's Law public database to confirm this. This form can be used throughout the school year to review my status.
Your volunteer application has been successfully submitted and will be reviewed per the district’s volunteer policy. Please provide the school site copies of your completed TB clearance form. Upon receiving all required documentation and Board approval, you will then be notified that you may begin volunteering.