We are happy that you have chosen to volunteer at Caprock Academy. Thank you for taking the time to invest in our community! Your efforts grow our most precious commodity, the students. If you are a parent, guardian, or family member your help is applied to your yearly volunteer hours. Regardless of your status as a parent or a member of our community, your generosity not only sets a positive example for our students, but also alleviates our immediate budget constraints and provides evidence for future grant dollars.
Caprock Academy offers a variety of volunteer opportunities that are designed to match the needs of our school with your personal interests. Once you submit your volunteer application, you will receive instructions on the next steps.
It is very important that the information you enter on the application matches your government issued identification card including your full legal name. It is important that you provide a valid email address so you can be notified as to the status of your application and for future communication. If you are unable to provide an email address, you may use firstname.lastname@example.org. All information collected on the application will remain confidential and not be shared outside our volunteer program.If you have any questions about your application, please contact the front office at 970-243-1771
Please select all functions that you are interested in helping with this year. Please note that these functions can be edited after you submit your application by calling the front office at 970-243-1771.
The following documents are required by our school for volunteering. Please note that we will ONLY accept background checks from the Colorado Bureau of Investigation. Please visit https://www.cbirecordscheck.com/ to request your copy for $4.00. *Please note that All background checks are reviewed by administration and that contents of your background check may disqualify you from volunteering.
By providing your signature, you are agreeing to abide by the rules and regulations of the Caprock Academy Volunteer Program.
Our students’ safety is a top priority. Every volunteer is required to complete and provide the school with a copy of their background check. Background checks must be completed every year and must be dated on or after July 1st. Please note that we will only accept background checks from the Colorado Bureau of Investigation. For your convenience, you can visit www.cbirecordscheck.com to complete this step online for $5. Once you have obtained a copy of your record, you must attach a copy of your record to your volunteer application before you can volunteer.
Confidentiality & Conflict of Interest
The success of our volunteer program depends very much on our ability to keep confidences and remain impartial. Maintaining confidences and avoiding conflicts of interest are required of all who volunteer at Caprock Academy. While not all volunteering involves activities of a confidential nature, matters of confidentiality and potential conflicts of interest can arise at any time when a volunteer may be present. Therefore, volunteers are expected to maintain confidentiality at all times. Any discussions regarding confidential information will be only in settings where such confidences can be maintained and not jeopardized.
· Volunteers WILL NOT discuss the names or any other information regarding students, teachers, staff or other volunteers with anyone other than the staff members’ classroom or areas they are volunteering in.
· Volunteers are expected to provide the school with a yearly background check dated on or after July 1st.
· Volunteers are expected to schedule their volunteer time with their students teacher and will only be permitted to stay for their scheduled time.
· There should be no discussion of the volunteer’s student in the classroom. If you would like to discuss your student with their teacher, an appointment must be scheduled for a later date.
· If working with students directly, you are expected to assist any and all students, not just your own child.
· All persons involved in volunteering are required to inform the classroom teacher and/or office of potential conflicts.
· Volunteers are expected to dress with a strong concern for modesty.
· Volunteers are expected to not use their cell phone while volunteering. If an emergency situation arises that you must use your phone, we ask that you please step out of the building to do so.
· Volunteers are expected to make childcare arrangements for younger children prior to volunteering on campus. Younger children/siblings are not allowed in the classroom while volunteering.
Your volunteer application has been successfully submitted and will be reviewed per our volunteer policy. In the near future, you will be notified as to your volunteer status. If you have any questions, please contact the front office at 970-243-1771.
Thank you, Caprock Academy