Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Brevard Public Schools. Please complete the volunteer application and submit all information request
“Please be advised that The School Board of Brevard County, Florida is required to comply with Chapter 119, Florida Statutes, titled PUBLIC RECORDS. That means that any information that you provide in this application may be subject to disclosure unless you fall under an exemption in Section 119.071(4)(d), Florida Statutes. If you fall under an exemption, you must provide the district with a written request to maintain your information as confidential and specify under which category of exemptions you fall.”
As part of standard school safety practices, all volunteers and visitors to Brevard Public Schools must provide a photo ID each time they visit any District facility. For assistance with your volunteer application, please visit the campus where you wish to volunteer
1. VOLUNTEERS MUST MAINTAIN STRICT CONFIDENTIALITY concerning information they see and hear concerning students and staff,
including students' grades, records, and abilities.
2. Volunteers DO NOT discipline students. Please report discipline problems to the teacher.
3. Volunteers agree to abide by School Board Policy: ADC, Tobacco-Free Schools & Facilities.
4. Volunteers agree to report Child Abuse or Suspected Abuse to site administrator and the Department of Children and Families at
1.800.96ABUSE (1.800.962.2873). Volunteers may not give any medication to students.
5. Volunteers do not diagnose student weaknesses and strengths, prescribe activities for students, or evaluate student progress.
6. Volunteers’ discussions with teachers should not interrupt class time.
7. Volunteers should set a good example for students by their manner, appearance, and behavior.
8. Comparing and criticizing teachers and students are not acceptable volunteer behaviors.
9. Volunteers may not hold informal parent/teacher conferences Volunteers may not conduct personal business at school.
10. Volunteers should never touch students in any way that is aggressive, disciplinary or sexual in nature.
11. Volunteers must guard against private communications with students; (i.e. such as social media, texting, email...).
12. All volunteers must Sign In and Out through our volunteer management system during and after schools hours.
13. All volunteers or visitors MUST WEAR AN IDENTIFYING NAMETAG approved by the office of district and Schools security.
Click here for Volunteer Qualification Guidelines