By providing your signature, you are agreeing to abide by the rules, regulations, and Code of Conduct of the Calhoun County ISD Volunteer Program.
As a Calhoun County ISD Volunteer, I agree to abide by the following code of conduct:
- I will report to my assigned campus on the days and time that have been previously arranged with my volunteer coordinator.
- If I am unable to volunteer during my previously-assigned schedule, I will notify my campus and reschedule as needed.
- I will sign in at the designated sign-in station and sign out when my duties are complete.
- I will wear a volunteer name badge or identification provided by the school each time I visit.
- I will dress and act in an appropriate manner at all times, in line with Calhoun County ISD’s dress code and personal conduct policies.
- I will maintain confidentiality outside of school and will share with teachers and/or school administrators any concerns that I may have related to student welfare and/or safety.
- I will not disclose, use or disseminate student photographs or personal information regarding students to anyone.
- I will only meet with my student(s) during previously-scheduled visits on school grounds, during school hours. I will not communicate or schedule visits outside your sessions at the school. (mentors/tutors)
- Whenever possible, I will meet with my student(s) in a location that is quiet enough, but not completely private. (library, classroom, or office with the door open, etc.) Campus volunteer coordinators can assist with identifying good locations to meet. (mentors/tutors)
- I will not exchange cell phone numbers or contact information for the student to reach out to me outside school sessions.
- I agree to not transport students. Volunteers are not authorized to transport students, staff, or other volunteers unless given special authorization through the Risk Management Department.
- I agree not to smoke on the grounds of any CCISD Property.
- I will not give medication to a student.
- I will respect the beliefs of others. I will appreciate and respect diversity. I will not propose or promote any particular personal or religious belief.
- I will refrain from criticizing school procedures, rules/regulations, or district personnel. I will address any concerns I have with my campus volunteer coordinator and/or administration.
- I understand that if I need assistance or guidance with my assigned role, I will refer to my campus volunteer coordinator.
- I understand that individuals must sign up to volunteer every school year so that criminal history records can be reviewed annually.
- Failure to uphold any guideline or standard may result in dismissal from the Calhoun County ISD Volunteer Program and may result in criminal prosecution.
One or more of the volunteer activities you have selected may require you to provide your United States social security number so we can perform a criminal background check. Your social security number will only be used for this purpose and we do not retain this information.
By signing below, I consent to the district securing a criminal record history search about me. I understand the information I am providing about age, sex, and ethnicity will not be used to determine eligibility for volunteering but will be used solely to obtain criminal history record information. All information will be held in strict confidence and will be discussed with only you, should there be a concern.