If you have selected that you would like to be an Athletic Coach Volunteer, please read the following. If not, please upload the required documents below.
1. Driver’s License or other photo ID
2. Current 1st Aid/CPR/AED from a “hands on” class
3. Sport specific certification (additional certifications required for the sports below)
The WIAA (Washington Interscholastic Activity Association) requires these sport specific certificates from both paid and volunteer coaches:Football
– USA Football Hands on Player Safety Coach Training or other District approved hands on training that covers Blocking, Shoulder Tackling & Equipment Fitting. NFHS Heat Illness & Prevention & NFHS Blocking/Defeating Blocks, Shoulder Tackling & Equipment Fitting online course (if not included in other hands on course). Swim/Dive
- Red Cross Safety Training for Swim Coaches or Lifeguard Certification is required for all swim coaches. Red Cross Safety Training for Swim Coaches, U.S. Diving Safety certification or Lifeguard Certification is required for diving coaches. Pole Vault
- “Hands on” Pole Vault Coaches Training is required for pole vault coaches. Coaches must be recertified every three (3) years with “hands on” training to be required the first year and either the “hands on” training or completion of WIAA-approved online courses in subsequent years.