Hello Charleston County School District Volunteer Applicant,
We appreciate your interest and willingness to volunteer in our schools. Before you begin completing the application, please be sure to read this announcement in its entirety, as it offers very helpful information for successfully completing your application. To provide the safest possible environment for our students, all applicants undergo a criminal background check which includes a nationwide criminal history check, a Sex Offender Registry check, and a Social Security verification. While all applicants are reviewed and approved on an individual basis, automatic dis-qualifiers include all felony convictions, as well as more serious misdemeanors to include but not limited to; crimes against children, domestic violence, and serious narcotics and/or alcohol related offenses.
Please review these tips for successfully completing your application:
- It is best to complete your application on a desktop or laptop. Raptor currently does not have a mobile app for completing the application. If you use a mobile device this can cause formatting issues that may delay or stop the processing of your application.
- Be sure that the information you enter on your application matches your government issued ID. You must enter your full legal name as it appears on your social security card, driver’s license, or state issued ID. Do not enter any nicknames or titles.
- Enter a valid email address so that you can be notified of your application status. If you do not have an email address, you may enter firstname.lastname@example.org. Any information sent to that email address will be kept confidential and not shared outside of the volunteer program.
- Choose the school (or schools) you wish to volunteer at, you may check more than one. **Note: SOA and Academic Magnet are listed as one campus under “Bonds Wilson Campus”.
- Choose the function you are interested in volunteering for. You may choose more than one function, however, if you plan to go on any field trips you must select “Chaperone” as one of your functions.
- If you do not have a social security number, please contact your child’s school for instructions and assistance with completing the application in person.
While most applications can be processed within 48 to 72 hours, some are taking as long as 7-10 days. This largely depends on the time it takes to complete the criminal history portion of the background check. Some states are taking longer than others to complete. If you have any questions regarding the application process, you may reach out to your child’s school or you may email email@example.com or call 843-529-3948.
CCSD Office of Security & Emergency Management