School Visitor and Volunteer Guidelines
Greenville County Schools (GCS), in an effort to ensure the safety of all of our students, is implementing additional security checks for school volunteers. Effective immediately, all volunteers must submit an online application and receive clearance from the district before volunteering at any school or chaperoning any school field trip. Volunteers are now identified by two different categories: Level I or Level II. Please review the details below:
Level I Volunteer:
1. Complete this online application and select the functions you are interested in.
2. You must sign in each time you volunteer at school during which a Sex Offender Registry check is conducted.
Level II Volunteer:
1. Complete this online application, select the functions you are interested in, and pass the criminal background check.
3. Chaperones for field trips and those functions that may permit one-on-one contact with students are required to be Level II volunteers.
4. The Criminal Background Check does not pull or review your credit history in any way. Background checks are good for three years.
Our primary responsibility is to safeguard our children and ensure we are in compliance with the identified guidelines. Thank you for your cooperation as we work with our stakeholders to complete this process. All volunteers will be required to remain in the presence of a GCS employee at all times until applications for Level II are approved. Please feel free to contact your child’s school if you have questions.
By providing your signature, you are agreeing to abide by the rules and regulations of the District Volunteer Program. One or more of the volunteer activities you have selected may require you to provide your United States social security number so we can perform a criminal background check. Your social security number will only be used for this purpose and we do not retain this information.
Your volunteer application has been successfully submitted and will be reviewed per the district's volunteer policy. In the near future, you will be notified as to your volunteer status by email. If you have submitted an application for a Volunteer II level position your application may take additional time to review.
Greenville County Schools