We appreciate your interest in volunteering for the District Volunteer Program. Our district offers a variety of activities you may choose from when volunteering your time. Simply complete and submit a volunteer application and upon approval you will receive instructions on next steps.
Before proceeding please have available the following documentation which you will need to upload:
1. A completed tuberculosis health screener which can be found at: https://www.tusd.org/district/files/_documents/TB%20Test%20Form%202017-2018.pdf
It is very important that the information you enter on the application matches your government issued identification card including your full legal name. It is important that you provide a valid email address so you can be notified as to the status of your application and for future communication. All information collected on the application will remain confidential and not be shared outside the volunteer program. If you have any questions about the application, please request to speak with the volunteer coordinator at the school site.Thank you, Torrance Unified School District
The following documents are required by the state to authorize clearance within this school district.
VOLUNTEER agrees to provide to DISTRICT the services enumerated in this application under the following terms and conditions:VOLUNTEER understands and agrees that, while performing in a volunteer capacity, he/she is not an employee of the DISTRICT and not entitled to benefits of any kind or nature normally provided employees of the DISTRICT and/or to which DISTRICT employees are normally entitled, including, but not limited to, State Unemployment Compensation or Workers’ Compensation.VOLUNTEER agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless the DISTRICT, its Board of Trustees, employees and agents from any and all liability or loss arising in any way out of VOLUNTEER’S negligence in the performance of this Agreement, Including but not limited to any claim due to injury and/or damage sustained by VOLUNTEER, and/or the VOLUNTEER’S younger dependents not yet enrolled in school.VOLUNTEER agrees to provide proof of negative tuberculosis test prior to service.VOLUNTEER agrees to comply with all Federal, State, Municipal and District laws, rules and regulations, in addition to the Volunteer Code of Conduct (below), that are now, or may in the future become applicable to VOLUNTEER, including compliance with Education Code 35021 - Requirements for Voluntary Service in Schools.I understand that, in connection with my application as a volunteer, the District will obtain information bearing upon my volunteer services, including Megan’s Law information, public record information, without using a consumer reporting agency to obtain it. “Public record” includes records documenting a conviction, civil judicial action, tax lien or outstanding judgment against me.
CODE OF CONDUCT:
1. Immediately upon arrival, I will sign in at the school's main office or the designated sign-in station.
2. I will wear a name identification badge whenever required by the school or district to do so.
3. I will follow the general directions of the teachers and administrative personnel.
4. I will use only adult bathroom facilities.
5. I agree to never be alone with individual students who are not under the direct supervision of teachers or school authorities.
6. I will not contact students outside of school hours without permission from the students' parents.
7. I agree not to exchange telephone numbers, home addresses, e-mail addresses or any other home directory or personal information with students for any purpose unless it is required as part of my role as a volunteer. I will exchange home directory information only with parental and administrative approval.
8. I will maintain confidentiality outside of school and will share with teachers and/or school administrators any concerns that I may have related to student welfare, discipline matters, and/or safety.
9. I will not disclose, use, or disseminate student photographs or personal information about students, self, or others.
10. I agree not to transport students without the written permission of parents or guardians and expressed permission of the school principal and District. I will abide by District Administrative Procedure, including Board Policy and Administrative Rule 6153, when transporting students.
11. I will not operate my cellular telephone within the confines of the classroom, while transporting students, or within any other educational setting while acting in the capacity of a volunteer or while supervising children engaged in a school sponsored activity or event.
12. I agree not to post, transmit, publicize, or display harmful or inappropriate matter that is threatening, obscene, disruptive or sexually explicit, or that could be construed as any form of harassment.
13. I agree to abide by Board Policies 4010 and 4020 concerning the use of alcohol, tobacco, and/or other drugs or mind altering substances while working in the school setting or on field trips.
14. I agree to notify the school principal immediately if I am arrested for any misdemeanor or felony charge.
15. I understand that my duties as a volunteer require my full attention and I agree not to have children under my care or supervision, unless approved by the principal in advance, that are not currently enrolled at the school site.
16. I agree only to do what is in the best personal and educational interest of every child with whom I come into contact.
17. I agree to treat all school personnel and students with dignity and respect.
18. I agree to abide by all District procedures including Board Policy and Administrative Rule 1240 regarding volunteer clearance and assistance.
I UNDERSTAND THAT FAILURE TO ABIDE BY THIS VOLUNTEER CODE OF CONDUCT MAY RESULT IN FORFEITURE OF ALL VOLUNTEERING PRIVILEGES AND TERMINATION OF THE AGREEMENT FOR VOLUNTEER SERVICES.
I HAVE READ THE ABOVE DISCLOSURE STATEMENT, THE VOLUNTEER CODE OF CONDUCT, AND THE WAIVER, AGREEMENT FOR VOLUNTEER SERVICES, INCLUDING THE ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND WAIVER OF CLAIMS AND THE VOLUNTEER/VISITOR GUIDELINES AND PROCEDURES. I SIGN THIS AGREEMENT AND AGREE TO ALL THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS. FURTHERMORE, I AGREE TO INFORM THE SCHOOL PRINCIPAL IN A TIMELY MANNER IF ANYTHING ON THIS AGREEMENT OR ITS ATTACHMENTS CHANGES. I HAVE RECEIVED A COPY OF THIS AGREEMENT AND THE VOLUNTEER CODE OF CONDUCT.This agreement may be terminated by either party notifying the other, in writing, at any time.
Your volunteer application has been successfully submitted and will be reviewed per the district’s volunteer policy. In the near future, you will be notified as to your volunteer status. If you have any questions, please request to speak with a volunteer representative.