Bonita Unified School District welcomes parents, families and our local community members to visit our campuses and volunteer in compliance with our commitment to student safety.
You are only required to complete this online application if you fall under one of the below categories. All of the below will be required to provide a TB and Fingerprint Clearance. All other individuals will be classified as a visitor and will complete the sign in process at the school site.
• Has direct contact with students and may be sole adult with student(s) on school field trip
• Volunteer coaches regardless of number of hours served
• Has direct contact with students and may be sole adult with student(s) in classroom or other school-related activities on or off school grounds
• Assists in the classroom or other school activities more than four (4) times per year or sixteen (16) total hours per year
• Serves as an overnight chaperone
Thank you, District Volunteer Coordinator
The following document is required to volunteer at Bonita Unified School District. In accordance with Health and Safety Code 121545, volunteers must show
proof of tuberculosis clearance obtained within the past six (6) months. Individuals can use their own healthcare provider or use free/low-cost
community clinics to obtain TB screening. If you do not have your TB screening available for upload, please provide a copy to your school site and they will process accordingly.
All volunteers are required to
abide by our code of conduct.
• I will sign in at the main office immediately upon arrival.
• I will wear or show volunteer identification whenever required by
the school to do so.
• I will use only adult bathroom facilities.
• I will never be alone with individual students without the express
permission of school authorities or the supervising teacher.
• I will not contact students outside of school hours without
permission from the student’s parents.
• I will not exchange telephone numbers, home addresses, email
addresses, social media contacts or any other home directory
information with students for any purpose unless it is required as
part of my role as a volunteer. I will exchange home directory
information only with parental and administrative approval.
• I will maintain confidentiality outside of school and will share
with teachers and/or school administrators any concerns that
I may have related to student welfare and/or safety, i.e.
• I will not transport students without the written permission of
parents or guardians or without the express permission of the
school or district.
• I will not disclose, use or disseminate student photographs or
personal information about students, self or others.
• I will notify the school principal if I am arrested for a misdemeanor
or felony sex, drug or weapon-related offense.
• I will only do what is in the best personal and educational interest
of every child with whom I come in contact.
• I will follow all District policies, procedures and applicable laws.
• I will wear appropriate attire.
Thank you completing step 1 of the volunteer application process.
If this is a renewal application, and you have already completed a fingerprint background check, we will be in touch regarding your volunteer status.
If this is a new application, your next step is to complete a fingerprint background check. Bonita Unified accepts fingerprints processed at any LiveScan facility. You will need to provide this form when completing the background check: http://do.bonita.k12.ca.us/documents/Parents/Volunteer%20Live%20Scan.pdf
A nearby suggestion is:
Post Masters Plus of La Verne
1407 Foothill Blvd. La Verne, CA 91750 (909) 596-0039
For additional LiveScan facility locations, visit www.certifixlivescan.com.
District Volunteer Coordinator