I authorize the Twin Falls School District to obtain background and criminal history information from all sources deemed necessary and release it as required without liability. I understand that if I have been convicted of any crime, I may be contacted by the Twin Falls School District and asked to provide court documents and/or dispositions. I certify the information recorded on this form and the attachments (if applicable) is true and correct to the best of my knowledge. I understand I am signing this document under penalty of perjury. I also understand that fraud or misrepresentation in my answers may serve as the basis for denial of service as a volunteer. I have read and understand the "Volunteer Code of Confidentiality" below.
PROCEDURE TITLE: Volunteer Confidentiality
PROCEDURE NO: 4600P
Volunteers may see student records whether they are doing data entry or not. To make sure
volunteers know the importance of keeping records confidential, the Twin Falls School District
provides volunteers this Volunteer Code of Confidentiality.
Volunteer Code of Confidentiality
1. All student records should be considered confidential.
2. Records should be not be left in a place where they can be viewed by others.
3. Copies of records can only be shared with administrative approval.
4. Volunteers should not discuss or repeat information overheard while in the staff lounge
5. Volunteers should not discuss information obtained while in a classroom, such as a
student’s grade or behavior, with anyone other than the student’s teacher.
6. Directory information, including students’ and staff members’ names, addresses,
telephone numbers, dates and places of birth, students’ photographs, participation in
officially recognized activities and sports, weight and height of student members of
athletic teams, dates of attendance and awards received, and previous educational
agencies or institutions attended can only be shared with administrative approval.
7. Concerns or questions regarding student records or issues of confidentiality should be
brought to the attention of the staff member that supervises the volunteer and the school
8. Any knowledge of a violation of this Code of Confidentiality should be immediately
reported to the school administrator and the staff member who supervises the volunteer.
By providing your signature, you are agreeing to abide by the rules and regulations of the district’s volunteer program. All of our volunteer activities require the district to perform a criminal background check. You will be required to provide your full legal name and any maiden names or former names along with your date of birth. This information will only be used for this purpose.