Clovis Unified encourages parents/guardians and other members of the community to share their time, knowledge and abilities with our students. Community volunteers in our schools enrich the educational program, contribute to school safety, and strengthen our schools’ relationships with the community.In order to be a volunteer you must follow the guidelines in Board Policy 9212:1. Complete this online volunteer application, which will include a Megan’s Law background check (Penal code 290). Applications are good for 4 years from the date of the TB assessment.2. Have a current clear TB assessment within the last 4 years. (Ed. Code 49406(m)).
3. Be fingerprinted when placed in a situation in which you would directly supervise students with-out a paid District employee present (i.e. off-campus activities such as Sierra Outdoor School, over night events or any activity without direct supervision by a paid District employee).
4. Volunteers who will be transporting students must also submit Form 8302-1 – Private Vehicle Driver Application, and comply with the requirements of Board Policy and Administrative Regulation No. 8302 – Transportation of Students by Private Vehicle.
Preschool Volunteers have additional requirements set forth by Community Care Licensing including: TB proof or Risk Assessment within one year regardless of number of hours volunteering, Proof of Immunizations including Measles and Pertussis, Proof of Influenza Immunization or Influenza Waiver Form.
No person has any right to provide, nor is the District obligated to accept volunteer services. A person also has no right to a particular volunteer assignment, event, location or classroom. Volunteers shall act in accordance with state and federal laws, District policies and regulations, including but not limited to Board Policy No. 9202 (School Visitors) and Board Policy No. 9210 (Civility Policy), and school rules.
The following documents are required in order to volunteer within Clovis Unified School District. For Preschool volunteers, please take your additional documents to the Child Development office and not the school site. Please note, if your document is double sided, upload the side with the signature and expiration date.
1. I agree to volunteer my services for the District without compensation or reimbursement. I understand that I may be required to provide my fingerprints for the purpose of obtaining a criminal record summary from the California State Department of Justice and the Federal Bureau of Investigation pursuant to Education Code section 49024. I understand that all involvement with students shall be under District staff supervision and is restricted to the school day, on the school grounds, or at a school-sponsored activity.
2. I agree to comply with federal and state laws, District board policies and administrative regulations, and school rules, including but not limited to, Board Policies No. 1250 (Visitors/Public Attendance at District Events) and 1250.1 (Civility Policy). While performing volunteer services for the District, I may have access to certain student information; I agree to keep such information confidential.
3. I agree to indemnify and hold harmless the District and its governing board and members thereof, officers, employees, and agents for and against any demands, claims, causes of action, actions, costs, and liabilities arising out or resulting from my intentional or willful acts, including but not limited to, child abuse and molestation. I understand that the District will not indemnify or defend me for or against any such acts.
This agreement shall remain in effect while I am involved in the above-described volunteer services for the District.
Your volunteer application has been successfully submitted and will be reviewed per the district’s volunteer policy. If you did not upload all required documentation, please provide to the school site selected during the application process as soon as possible. We will not be able to process your application until complete.
In the near future, you will be notified by email as to your volunteer status. If you have any questions, please speak with your school site.