VIPS Volunteer Guidelines
The health and wellbeing of all staff, students and visitors is a top priority for Volusia County Schools. Due to COVID-19, volunteer opportunities will be very limited. Below are the guidelines through December 2020. The district will reevaluate these guidelines in January 2021.
- food pantry
- school store
- clothing closet
- assisting teacher with projects from home
- volunteer must never be alone with students – teacher must be present
- Consent Form for Virtual Services of School Volunteers must be on file for students who are enrolled in Volusia Live (not needed for brick & mortar)
- must have a signed parent permission form on file (“forever letter” that is valid until permission is withdrawn) to verify mentoring relationship
- no virtual mentoring due to security and privacy concerns
- no new matches between students and community/volunteer mentors
We appreciate your interest in volunteering for Volusia County Schools. Our district offers a variety of activities you may choose from when volunteering your time. Simply complete and submit a volunteer application and upon approval you will receive instructions on next steps.
It is very important that the information you enter on the application matches your government issued identification card including your full legal name. It is important that you provide a valid email address so you can be notified as to the status of your application and for future communication.The first time you volunteer at a school, please be prepared to have your ID scanned into our system.Thank you, District Volunteer Coordinator
Please upload a brief synopsis of your topic. After processing and receiving approval of your application to volunteer, an email will be sent to the schools informing them of your available topic. This email is sent twice a year. An interested teacher will contact you directly to make all arrangements regarding your presentation.
If you do not wish to upload a speaker topic at this time, click "PREVIOUS" at the bottom of the screen and then uncheck Speakers Bureau.
By providing your signature, you are agreeing to abide by the rules and regulations of Volusia County Schools Volunteer Program. To view the School Volunteer Handbook, click on this link: School Volunteer Handbook
Your volunteer application has been successfully submitted and will be reviewed per the district’s volunteer policy. In the near future, you will be notified as to your volunteer status. If you have any questions, please request to speak with the volunteer coordinator at the school where you have chosen to volunteer.