School Volunteer Program Registration
"Everybody can be great because anybody can serve ... You only need a heart full of grace. A soul generated by love. And you can be that servant." -- MLK Jr.
M-DCPS We appreciate your support as advocates of students, schools and community! Do you have ZOOM? You can now volunteer "Virtually" as a Tutor or Mentor. Details to follow.
(Level 1 Activities)
- Arts Volunteer - Supports the arts teaching staff in the areas of music (including band, chorus, etc.), art, drama, and dance, with daily operations, special programs or events.
- Classroom Volunteer - Supports teaching staff by facilitating small group activities, working one-on-one with students, reviewing homework assignments or preparing materials for the class.
- Clerical Volunteer - Assists in the operation of the school in roles such as receptionist, data input assistant, or file clerk.
- Dade Partner - Employees of a business or organization that has adopted a school and serve as school volunteers to provide support and resources.
- Day Chaperone - Assists the teachers and school staff in overseeing students on field trips which do not require overnight travel.
- EESAC (Educational Excellence School Advisory Council) - Serves on this Council that is the sole body responsible for final decision-making at the school relating to implementation of the provision of the state system of improvement and accountability.
- Media Center/ Technology Volunteer - Assists students in utilizing the media center including accessing digital resources, computers and other technology.
- Miami-Dade County Council PTA / PTSA Volunteer - Members of the local PTA unit may wish to serve as school volunteers or assist the school in the operation of the local PTA unit as an officer or in another leadership capacity.
- Tutor - Assists students at any grade level and in any subject area before, during or after school to help them strengthen their skills and improve their performance.
- Speaker/ Presenter - Supports instructional program by providing students with the opportunity to learn about careers, hobbies, talents, and skills, and delivering motivational presentations.
(Level 2 Activities) Require fingerprinting, and may require training and/or certification from the partnering organization.
- Mentor - Serves as a student advocate, role model, and/or adviser that guides students in discovering their potential and reaching their academic and personal goals.
- Board/Administrative Volunteer - Serves as a volunteer at a School Board, District or Region office location.
- Overnight Chaperone - Assists the school and teachers in overseeing students on travel that requires overnight accommodations. Chaperones must be 21 years of age or older.
- Physical Education Assistant - Assists the physical education teacher with physical education classes, team sports and/or other outdoor events (i.e. field day).
Miami-Dade County Public Schools
Office of Community Engagement
School Volunteer Program
1450 NE 2nd Avenue, Suite 216
Miami Florida, 33132