Please submit this application if you do not have a current active registration. If you do not know if your registration is still valid, please log in to your Raptor Portal account. See https://www.martinschools.org/page/volunteer-services for instructions.
PLEASE NOTE: Beginning July 1, 2021: All volunteer applicants applying for or renewing their Level 2 Volunteer status will be required to pass a criminal background screening with fingerprinting. Instructions are available online at https://www.martinschools.org/page/volunteer-services. You will need to upload your appointment confirmation in this application.
Self-Disclosure: The volunteer application requires that the applicant disclose if s/he has EVER been convicted or had adjudication withheld in a criminal offense (ANY MISDEMEANOR OR ANY FELONY; NOTE DUI AND RECKLESS DRIVING ARE CRIMINAL OFFENSES.), other than a minor traffic violation, or if any criminal charges are pending. For purposes of this policy, "convicted" means there has been a determination of guilt as a result of a trial or the entry of a plea of guilty or nolo contendere, regardless of whether adjudication is withheld. (F.S. 943.0435).
An applicant who is found through background screening to be included in the FDLE sexual offender/predator registry OR who has been convicted of any crime involving moral turpitude, as defined by rule of the State Board of Education (i.e. a felony or first degree misdemeanor under Florida law), OR otherwise found ineligible using this criteria under F.S. 1012.315, MUST NOT be approved as a volunteer. Please include any information on the next page in the Self-Disclosure response field. Further information concerning these matters may be requested. Failure to timely comply with any request will result in the denial of a volunteer application.
IMPORTANT TIPS TO SUCCESSFULLY PROCESS YOUR REGISTRATION:
* Legal Name: Required. The information you enter on the application must match your government issued identification card including your full legal name. If the name on your ID does not match the name on your application, the system will not be able to sign you in.
* Email address: You must provide a valid email address not used on a previously submitted volunteer application in order to create your Volunteer Portal account, to be notified as to the status of your application, and for future communications from our volunteer coordinators. If you are unable to provide an email address, enter the school volunteer coordinator's email address (see website https://www.martinschools.org/Page/440 for a list of volunteer coordinator email addresses).
*Parents: If you are filling out an application for your student, please fill out the application with the student's information (Name, Date of Birth, question responses, etc.).
Once your application has been approved, you will receive an email confirmation and your status will be valid for two years [1 year for Students]. Please check your spam if you do not receive it within two weeks.
Thank you in advance for your support of our school community. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact your school volunteer coordinator of the Volunteer Services Liaison. We look forward to having you volunteer!
Volunteer Services LiaisonMartin County School Districtwarrena@martinschools.org
In Florida, the entire arrest record is revealed to school districts, including sealed and/or expunged records and military court proceedings. Applicants must disclose this information even if told differently by a lawyer, judge, or other law enforcement individual. If you were given this information by a judge, then those written instructions would need to be provided to MCSD. Prior criminal records may or may not result in disqualification for volunteering; however, failure to disclose this information will disqualify you for volunteering. Information that must be disclosed includes any offense that occurred whether as a juvenile or adult; therefore, all adult and juvenile offenses must be listed. If you did not disclose this information in Section 2: Personal Information, you may click "Previous" below to go back and complete the Self-Disclosure Statement. If you have any questions, please review the Volunteer Eligibility guidelines at: https://www.martinschools.org/page/volunteer-services or contact Amber Warren at 772-219-1200 x 30223.
The following documents are required by the school district to authorize clearance: Fingerprint Appointment Confirmation with the appointment date on it.
IF YOU HAVE NOT SCHEDULED YOUR APPOINTMENT YET:
Please go to: https://www.fieldprintflorida.com to schedule and pay for your appointment. You may then save the confirmation or take a screenshot to upload the document to your application.
- Click on the "Schedule Appointment" button and then "Sign "Up".
- Volunteers: $49 | CODE: FPMartinCountyNonCert.
- Coaches: $49.25 | CODE: FPMartinCountyEmp (if you plan to obtain a coaching certificate in the future).
- Vendors: If you are being paid for your service, please register as a vendor instead. Instructions: https://www.martinschools.org/page/vendor-information.
- Applicants: If you will be applying for a position in the district, please obtain the code from HR so that you don't have to pay for fingerprinting twice.
*NOTE: If you do not use the correct code, we will not receive your results and you will have to pay for a new appointment.
IF YOU ARE:
- A current Martin County School District employee: upload a photo of your badge.
- An active Florida Law Enforcement Officer: upload a photo of your ID/badge with your name on it.
- A DCF employee: upload a copy of your ID and call Amber Warren at 772-219-1200 x 30223.
One or more of the volunteer activities you have selected may require you to submit to a criminal background check or provide additional information.
In Florida, the entire arrest record is revealed to school districts, including sealed and/or expunged records and military court proceedings. Applicants must disclose this information even if told differently by a lawyer, judge, or other law enforcement individual. If you were given this information by a judge, then those written instructions would need to be provided to MCSD. Prior criminal records may or may not result in disqualification for volunteering; however, failure to disclose this information will disqualify you for volunteering. Information that must be disclosed includes any offense that occurred whether as a juvenile or adult; therefore, all adult and juvenile offenses must be listed.
You will receive an email with instructions if further information is required including a request for the disposition from the clerk of courts' office.
All volunteers are checked against the Florida Department of Law Enforcement's Sexual Predators and Offenders Registry prior to being placed in any volunteer position.
It is a misdemeanor of the first degree for any person to willfully, knowingly, or intentionally fail, by false statement, misrepresentation, impersonation, or other fraudulent means, to disclose in any application for voluntary or paid employment a material fact used in making a determination as to such person's qualifications for a position of special trust.
The Martin County School District operates in compliance with the Florida Public Records Law, Chapter 119, Florida Statutes, governing the public's right to access records. The volunteer applicant is responsible to notify the Volunteer Services office if the volunteer is exempt from disclosure in public records requests. Failure to submit this form may result in the disclosure of your home address and telephone number and or photographs in public records. Find the Public Records Law Exemption form here: https://www.martinschools.org/page/public-records-law-exemption-form.
By providing your signature, you are agreeing to abide by the policies and procedures of the Martin County School District Volunteer Program. Please read the volunteer orientation here: https://www.martinschools.org/page/volunteer-orientation.
Thank you for registering to be a volunteer for the Martin County School District.
Your volunteer application has been successfully submitted and will be reviewed per the district’s volunteer policy. Please allow up to two weeks for processing.
- Students & Level 1 Volunteers: Once approved, you will receive an automatic confirmation email.
- Level 2 Volunteers: You will receive an email with the next steps to process your application. Please email me your scheduled fingerprint appointment date so I may check your status with HR as I do not receive automatic notifications of volunteers' results.
If you have any questions, or do not receive a confirmation email, please email me at email@example.com.
Volunteer Services Liaison
Martin County School District