If you do not have a current active registration and need to register as a Level 1, 2 or 3 volunteer, please complete and submit this application. If you do not know if your registration is still valid, please log in to your Raptor Portal account or contact Volunteer Services to check. Volunteer registration is valid for two years.
*Note: Parents, if you are filling out an application for your student, please fill out the application with the student's information (Name, Date of Birth, etc.).
**Note: ANY VOLUNTEER WHO WILL BE A CHAPERONE ON AN OVERNIGHT TRIP OR WHO MAY HAVE ACCESS TO A LOCKER ROOM IS NOW REQUIRED TO COMPLETE A LEVEL 3 BACKGROUND CHECK
Important to successfully processing your registration:
* Legal Name: Required. The information you enter on the application must match your government issued identification card including your full legal name. If the name on your ID does not match the name on your application, the system will not be able to sign you in.
* Email address: You must provide a valid email address not used on a previously submitted volunteer application in order to create your Volunteer Portal account, to be notified as to the status of your application, and for future communications from our volunteer coordinators. If you are unable to provide an email address, enter the school volunteer coordinator's email address (see website https://www.martinschools.org/Page/440 for a list of volunteer coordinator email addresses).
* Self-Disclosure: The volunteer application requires that the applicant disclose if s/he has ever been convicted or had adjudication withheld in a criminal offense, other than a minor traffic violation, or if any criminal charges are pending. For purposes of this policy, "convicted" means there has been a determination of guilt as a result of a trial or the entry of a plea of guilty or nolo contendere, regardless of whether adjudication is withheld. (F.S. 943.0435).
An applicant who is found through background screening to be included in the FDLE sexual offender/predator registry OR who has been convicted of any crime involving moral turpitude, as defined by rule of the State Board of Education (i.e. a felony or first degree misdemeanor under Florida law), OR otherwise found ineligible using this criteria under F.S. 1012.315, MUST NOT be approved as a volunteer. Please include any information on the next page in the Self-Disclosure response field. Further information concerning these matters may be requested. Failure to timely comply with any request will result in the denial of a volunteer application.
Once your application is approved, you will receive an email confirmation.
- Level 2 Volunteer status: If you are registering for Level 2 Volunteer status, you will receive an email with a link to pay for your background screening.
- Level 3 Volunteer status: If you are registering for Level 3 Volunteer status, you will receive an email with a link to pay for your background screening and request to make an appointment for fingerprinting.
Please contact your school volunteer coordinator of the Volunteer Services Liaison if you have any questions or concerns. Thank you for registering to volunteer with the Martin County School District. We look forward to having you volunteer!
Volunteer Services LiaisonMartin County School Districtwarrena@martin.k12.fl.us
The following documents are required by the school district to authorize clearance.
*Level 3 Volunteer applications: if you have not completed your fingerprints yet, you may upload a blank document in the meantime.
One or more of the volunteer activities you have selected may require you to submit to a criminal background check or provide additional information. You will receive an email with instructions if further information is required.
All volunteers are checked against the Florida Department of Law Enforcement's Sexual Predators and Offenders Registry prior to being placed in any volunteer position.
It is a misdemeanor of the first degree for any person to willfully, knowingly, or intentionally fail, by false statement, misrepresentation, impersonation, or other fraudulent means, to disclose in any application for voluntary or paid employment a material fact used in making a determination as to such person's qualifications for a position of special trust.
The Martin County School District operates in compliance with the Florida Public Records Law, Chapter 119, Florida Statutes, governing the public's right to access records. The volunteer applicant is responsible to notify the Volunteer Services office if the volunteer is exempt from disclosure in public records requests. Failure to submit this form may result in the disclosure of your home address and telephone number and or photographs in public records. Find the Public Records Law Exemption form here: https://www.martinschools.org/Page/8859.
By providing your signature, you are agreeing to abide by the policies and procedures of the Martin County School District Volunteer Program. Please read the volunteer orientation here: https://www.martinschools.org/Page/7608.
Thank you for your registering to be a volunteer for the Martin County School District.
Your volunteer application has been successfully submitted and will be reviewed per the district’s volunteer policy.
In the near future, you will be notified with further instructions or a confirmation email.
If you have any questions, please contact Amber Warren at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Volunteer Services Liaison
Martin County School District